Frequently asked questions
Be Mate is an accommodation company, it is travel while feeling at home. Be Mate gives you the best of both worlds: the freedom of an apartment with the safety and services of a hotel. Apartments that you don’t just want to stay in, but you won’t want to leave.
- We want you to enjoy the destination you choose, that’s why all of our apartments are located in the heart of the city.
- At Be Mate we put the utmost care into every detail. Enjoy the design and decoration of our apartments.
- All accommodations are fully-equipped with everything you need, so you only have to focus on what is really important.
- Don’t hesitate to ask us for anything you may need during your stay with us: from the moment you book until you return home.
- We offer a full range of extra services so you have everything you need to feel right at home.
All of this is reflected in the basic principle that defines Be Mate: More than apartments.
You can get in touch with our Customer Assistance team through:
- Email: email us at [email protected]
- Phone: we are available everyday, from 10am to 6pm UTC at +(34) 915 947 106
- Social media: you can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Do you own a unique apartment in the best part of the city and want to be a part of our exclusive group of property owners?
Contact us and to manage your property so you can increase revenue and not have to worry about a thing.
For more information and to list your property on Be Mate, send us an email.
Booking an apartment with Be Mate is very easy. Select the destination, travel dates, and number of guests to see the apartments that are available based on your preferences.
Search: we’ve already found the best apartment for you. Remember, our apartments are located in the best parts of the cities where we operate.
Book:once you’ve selected the apartment that best meets your needs, book it through our website with total security.
Travel: in order to complete your Be Mate experience, if you’ve booked at one of our apartment complexes, you will be assisted in the reception area. Additionally, all of our apartments include support from the closest Room Mate Hotels.
Specialized in urban tourism, all Be Mate apartments are located in outstanding neighborhoods, in the most popular and attractive parts of the city. Currently, you can live the Be Mate experience in:
- Madrid – Spain
- Barcelona – Spain
- Malaga – Spain
- Milan – Italy
- Mexico City – Mexico
Room Mate Hotels
Be Mate is part of the same company as Room Mate Hotels: Room Mate Group.
As a result, Be Mate offers you the freedom of staying in an apartment, with all the services and comforts of a hotel.
Be Mate offers you hotel services from the nearest Be Mate Hotels, like a 24-hour left-luggage storage, nanny to look after kids, breakfast at select locations, and 24-hour key pickup from the hotel reception, and more.
You can access all these services through the Be Mate App and at the reception desk in the apartment buildings.
We want to help you make the most of your stay with us. That is why we offer an array of additional services that include transportation to and from the airport or train station, car rentals, tickets to monuments and museums, reservations for tourist attractions, activities, and restaurants, and even supplying your groceries.
Our City Mate will be there to welcome you and will personally inspect the apartment prior to your arrival, ensuring everything is in perfect condition so you can enjoy the Be Mate experience. The City Mate will be your friend in the city who can recommend special places and assist you with anything you may need during your stay.
- Inspect the apartment to ensure quality.
- Welcome you at check-in*
- Available 24/7 via WhatsApp and phone during the entire length of your stay.
- Recommend additional services.
- For locations that do not have an on-site reception area, you will be assisted by a City Mate. The City Mate will contact you prior to your arrival and will help in organizing your stay: coordinating your check-in time, waiting for you at the apartment* when you arrive and ensuring that everything is in order and you have everything you need to enjoy your Be Mate experience.
- In the case of apartment complexes, you can go directly to the reception area.
- For added convenience, you can check-in online using our mobile app. You can also find apartment information, access our list of plans and services, as well as tourist information about the city.
Our apartments include a thorough weekly cleaning service:
- General cleaning of the entire apartment (bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas)
- Vacuuming and mopping the floors
- Making the beds
- Washing the dishes and tableware
- Monitoring the overall quality of the apartment
If you wish, additional cleanings are available for purchase, either everyday, or the days you prefer, it’s all up to you!
The total amount you will pay for the booking includes the cost of the accommodation, WIFI, utilities, and applicable taxes. All the costs will be broken down for you during the booking process.
For some destinations, you may be required to pay up to 2 additional taxes on your booking:
- Sales tax (IVA) for guests who reside in the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and South Africa. If applicable, Spanish sales tax of 21% will be added to the total amount of Guest Charges.
- Local taxes: depending on the location where the accommodation is offered, you may be required to pay additional local taxes. If applicable, the host will notify you of these taxes when you check-out. Be Mate is not responsible for collecting these taxes, they must by paid on-site and not through our platform.
In some cities, travelers may have to pay a tourist tax, which is a local tax that is paid on-site at the apartment, either upon arrival or departure.
Once your booking request is confirmed, you will be charged the total amount.
Booking requests are confirmed once they are accepted by the host. Instant bookings are confirmed immediately.
You can pay with most major credit and prepaid cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB. Many debit cards can be processed as credit.